side mount starter

ejin4499

Ok so I saw in another guys twin turbo build thread that he used the bell housing from a 300zx and put it on the manual transmission from his pathfinder. He also put in a vg30dett. My question is could I put a bell housing from a 300zx on my manual trans and bolt it to the vg33 that I have in my pathfinder. I liked the idea of the side mount starter to get it out of the way and away from the oil filter. I already have the trans out of the pathy and need to check the syncros for wear and tear, so now is the time to do it if I'm going to.

Thanks

Nope, won't work. VG30DETTs have a different bell housing pattern than the VG30/33s, hence why the Z32 bell housing had to be swapped onto the Pathfinder transmission in the first place.

Shouldn't the oil filter be in the front already if you have the vg33?

I had to swap the crank for the 25 mm crank

if you do that the 33 mm oilpump wont work with it. I don't have the money to get the oil pump off of a frontier that has the right crank size so I used the oil pump off the vg30 that I used for parts. Wich puts the oil filter in the same place as the vg30. When I see one go through a pick n pull where I can get it for next to nothing maybe then I'll swap it.

Nope, won't work. VG30DETTs have a different bell housing pattern than the VG30/33s, hence why the Z32 bell housing had to be swapped onto the Pathfinder transmission in the first place.

Ah I figured he did that so he could get the space for the turbo. Ah well would have been nice.

I had to swap the crank for the 25 mm crank

if you do that the 33 mm oilpump wont work with it. I don't have the money to get the oil pump off of a frontier that has the right crank size so I used the oil pump off the vg30 that I used for parts. Wich puts the oil filter in the same place as the vg30. When I see one go through a pick n pull where I can get it for next to nothing maybe then I'll swap it.

Okay I gotcha now. At first I was like .....he must have gone another route besides keeping the original crank or something. Yeah I remember I had to buy mine from the stealership.. can't remember how much though, over 65 for sure though.

Edited by thehuntersam