rear coils

nenook

hello everybody, just a little info, for you , as my truck is an import here in the uk , ive had a nightmare finding parts , namely suspension parts, so I have been really busy, here in the uk there is a toyota hylux called the surf, looks similar to our pathy's. the rear springs with their rubber seating fits right on, no cutting etc, they are more heavyweight than the nissan ones, and without fitting new shocks I gained just under an inch of height , and as they came off a trashed car at the scrap yard they were £10.00 for the pair RESULT, i m not sure yet if this is a long term solution.

regards

nenook

Good news! Maybe Hilux/4Runner lift coils will work on the R50. :aok:

I wouldn't get our hopes up on this one.

It was my understanding that the European version of the 4Runner had exactly the same stock suspension spec's as that in North America. I don't have any of my original notes from my research, but I believe the 2nd Gen, 3rd Gen, and 4th Gen all had coils that were smaller in ID/OD than we require. I think the ID was something around 4.25" or even a little smaller.

I'm NOT trying to be a Debbie-Downer about this, I truly hope that nenook has found something revolutionary.

:yeahthat:

OME 3" coils? Where were you able to find those? And a rear set shouldn't cost as much as a complete set of AC lift coils.:scratchhead:

Yeah, I'm not sure about the 3" lift coil from Old Man Emu...at least not for the R50.

I will have my AC 2" rear lift coils up for sale soon though!!! Yeah I know...:offtopic: and :whocares: