Spacers again

HitMan

So I have noticed that RockyRoad has a trimpacker that gives a 9/16" boost, but I also know that Nx4 makes the 1" spacers. I have read what was written in the past but I never found any real comparison between the two sets. If you have either set currently installed can you fill me in on how you like it? I also understand that I will need longer hardware if I install the spacers? I just received new kyb gr2's and am still waiting on the coils and shocks so I have time to do some research and see what you guys think.

I have Nx4 1" spacers and they are very solid with 1/2 Hardware . They have only been installed for a couple of months. Mine will be for sale soon since I have a Sfd kit coming in a couple days.

I might be interested in it...

Well, I have the SFD (still not installed, will get to it in the very near future) and the 1" Nx4 spacers. I will be installing both because I have the ARB bumper with a winch that puts enough weight on the front end that it has dropped 1". So when I have it all on, it will still have the 4" SFD and will be level front to back. All together it will have 2" 4x4parts suspension with the 4" SFD=6" lift. Can't wait!!!

So, if you plan on a bumper and winch, keep the spacers with the SFD.

Hope this helps.

Well, I have the SFD (still not installed, will get to it in the very near future) and the 1" Nx4 spacers. I will be installing both because I have the ARB bumper with a winch that puts enough weight on the front end that it has dropped 1". So when I have it all on, it will still have the 4" SFD and will be level front to back. All together it will have 2" 4x4parts suspension with the 4" SFD=6" lift. Can't wait!!!

So, if you plan on a bumper and winch, keep the spacers with the SFD.

Hope this helps.

I was thinking the EXACT same thing......I've also kept my NX4's, in fact, I never got around to putting them on! I think a while back I asked Shift 220 about using the spacer, and he said it would effect the CV angle too much with the SFD AND SPACER, Which makes sense. Now after a couple years and my springs have settled and the added weight of a KMA bumper and WARN winch, I see using the spacer as an advantage. I was planning on using the 4" (not quite sold on the 5" thou) spring instead of the 3" for the back, since I plan on going with a steel rear multi carrier bumper. Isn't FLEURYS working on half sleeves to relieve CV angle problems??? Does anyone else see a problem using the 1" spacer?

The spacers that come with the SFD kit are 4" tall.

I recommended to PaMountianbiker that he doesn't stack the spacers. I had a couple reasons: the fact that his use 1/2" hardware and the KrFabs strut spacers use 3/8". Second (and I didn't mention this), but you may not be able to align the truck stacking the spacers and using 2" lift springs. Third I just thought of, you'll probably have a heck of a time trying to reinstall the strut as its hard enough with just the 4" spacers.

But hey, if someone does do it, be sure to post up results!

The spacers that come with the SFD kit are 4" tall.

I recommended to PaMountianbiker that he doesn't stack the spacers. I had a couple reasons: the fact that his use 1/2" hardware and the KrFabs strut spacers use 3/8". Second (and I didn't mention this), but you may not be able to align the truck stacking the spacers and using 2" lift springs. Third I just thought of, you'll probably have a heck of a time trying to reinstall the strut as its hard enough with just the 4" spacers.

yeah my spacers are 1/2" hardware too.... Do you have any recommendations for the sag in the front heavy PF's??? Are your spacers set in stone, as far as how they are made, or can they be "made by request" as far as height go? Maybe a 4.5" tall spacer in the front? Just a thought.