Exhaust

Airrun2002

Has anyone put dual exhaust on a 91-95 pathy. I wanna do dual from headers back(2 mufflers) and straight out the back. Would it sound good? It would be easier to get the oil pan off. Most likely Thorly headers with 2 1/2" pipe all the way back. I want it to sound beefy not like a ricer. :oops: Help would be appreciated.

(snicker...)

I'm not sure that dual pipes would gain you anything other than easier oil pan removal... Maybe if you had the motor ported/polished/cammed, otherwise I think its just extra expense. Go with the headers into 2 or 2.5" pipe to 2.5 or 3" after the merge, hi flow cat and a good muffler. That combined with a good intake will probably give you any gains realistically possible, and will sound good to boot.

Bernard

Just for the data, Thorleys are 2.25 out. I just got a set and am keepin it 2.25 all the way through. Changing too much creates pressure drops, which in turn, create turbulent flow. Plus for our tiny engines, 3" is too big, I'd say 2.5 max.

M.M.

Will doing the headers and exhaust help with fuel economy?...or make it worse?...keeping in mind that i'd be driving the same way after the exhaust work as before, btw I don't drive it hard, after all it is a truck, not a sports car :P

Thanks

Ok. So like..I totally found teh price (after Thorley emailed me back)..and..um..I'm thinking NOT!!!!!!!! $629!!!!!!!!!!! is someone at Thorley smoking crack? I really want Thorley's (as most Pathy drivers say tehy work best)..but for $629...I think not. Where can I get them cheaper? :(