To do list: Target 75 days

unccpathfinder

Well I've been needing to make a list for my preparations for GONE Moab so I figured what better place to post it than on NPORA...i bascially can't do anything during the week...I need 2 or 3 weekends wheeling and i'm moving this coming up weekend so that leaves me with about 6 weekends or 12 days to tear thru this list...i think i'm gonna have to leave some things out but we shall see what i can get done

In no particular order:

1. more tires currently have one leaking

2. finish wiring the lights and get my rock lights installed

3. install rear bumper

4. cut off sliders and reweld them

5. finish front bumper

6. replace both TRE's and get an alignment

7. finish repairing compression rod bushings

8. test winch again (hopefully get my synthetic lead and installed)

9. relocate radio and install CB overhead

10. weld up spare tire carrier, flag holder, jerry can holder, high lift holder

11. test wheel it...test wheel it...fix what i break

12. make sure i have trail spares

List of spares

1. TRE's (about 4 of each)

2. Ball joints upper and lower

3. idler arm

4. center link

5. auto hubs and manual hub parts, wheel bearings

6. starter

7. altenator or 2

8. radiator

9. belts

10. hoses

11. lower rear links

12. all fluids

oh i've got most of my spares part list...i've got 2 sets of 28 auto's and maybe 1 set of 27 auto's plus parts and a body to rebuild a warn

all i'm lacking is some TRE's i believe...i'm going to straighten 2 of the ones on my truck currently and probably beef them up with some welding

1. more tires currently have one leaking

2. finish wiring the lights and get my rock lights installed

3. install rear bumper

4. cut off sliders and reweld them

5. finish front bumper

6. replace both TRE's and get an alignment

7. finish repairing compression rod bushings

8. test winch again (hopefully get my synthetic lead and installed)

9. relocate radio and install CB overhead

10. weld up spare tire carrier, flag holder, jerry can holder, high lift holder

11. test wheel it...test wheel it...fix what i break

12. make sure i have trail spares

List of spares

1. TRE's (about 4 of each)

2. Ball joints upper and lower

3. idler arm

4. center link

5. auto hubs and manual hub parts, wheel bearings

6. starter

7. altenator or 2

8. radiator

9. belts

10. hoses

11. lower rear links

12. all fluids

The following comments are numbered in relation to the order that I bolded your list...lol here it goes

1)There is an online distributor who sells easy to install, cheap, effective LED rock lights, I'll try to find the link for you, as they are on my to-do as well :)

2)Belle tire has a monthly members group that you either get $20 off anything in the store, or %50 off an alignment. Front end is 45 bucks usually...good prices!

3)Please make a writeup with pictures of the overhead cb install, its something I've wanted to investigate for a while. Should be as simple as a couple nutserts right?

4)Do you think a rad is really space worthy? I mean, I'm sure it will come in handy if you end up needing it, but I also haven't done much desert wheeling, so it could be crucial out there, lol! If you're going to the trouble of doing that, I'd consider an efan aswell (can't remember if you have one yet) and upgrade the alt using your current one as a spare, might as well upgrade instead of buying two spares that are the same as what you got, and revert to the stock in an emergency...must my .02 though

5)I am doing this aswell for general purposes. I highly recommend an explosives ammo box like mine. It has a seal to keep the liquids IN if they end up spilling, keeps the smell out of the cab on a hot desert day, and keeps em organized, just food for thought!

I was actually going to see if I could meet up with your caravan, but my gone moab plans have fallen through due to lack of $$! Goodluck, stay safe, and keep us posted!

Edited by OldSlowReliable

Efan is on my list to do but not for gone

I have 3 altys inmy trail spare box right now with 2 starters...radiator is brokenly but good for a trail spare and if I fix it before then it'll be 100% road worthy...we are dragging a trailer with at least 10 33's in it...I'm driving out on some stock xterra wheels and my buddy is driving out on his current 31s

I've got my rock lights and Control box just haven't had time to install it

For the CB/radio I'm gonna get creative with the welder and some steel...maybe some fiberglass and bondo but will take pics those r low on the priority list