Death Wobble.... help?

muddfildvaynes

So i put my pathy in the air today because it has had the death wobble for about a week, while looking I checked the tie rods on both sides, ball joints, and wheel bearings. The only thing I found was the outer tie rod on the driver side was a little loose so I changed it thinking that would help the problem. It didn't, I can't think of what else it could be, it has a new inner tierod on the driver side and now a new outer, the ball joint on the passenger side is brand new and the outer tie rod on that side is new; both wheel bearing are new. It mainly does it when I go above 40mph and sometimes at lower speeds. Any ideas?

The 97 i just bought wobbled bad over 40 on bumps or braking. I sold my 94 and put the legos and tires on the 97....no more wobble. hurried to shucks/ORileys and canceled my 2 lower arms i have bought and were going mailed, :) although i took a 10 restock fee for both.

It was the 31's they were in bad shape, but the driving is soooo much smoother now.

Is it just more or bigger the tires worse the wobble? I'm sure i will have to replace the lower arms sometime, but instead i bought all new speakers....much more fun.

So i put my pathy in the air today because it has had the death wobble for about a week, while looking I checked the tie rods on both sides, ball joints, and wheel bearings. The only thing I found was the outer tie rod on the driver side was a little loose so I changed it thinking that would help the problem. It didn't, I can't think of what else it could be, it has a new inner tierod on the driver side and now a new outer, the ball joint on the passenger side is brand new and the outer tie rod on that side is new; both wheel bearing are new. It mainly does it when I go above 40mph and sometimes at lower speeds. Any ideas?

Could you describe "it" in a bit more detail? Not clear by your post that you actually have what is commonly referred to as the death wobble. are you experienced an essentially violent rocking of the entire vehicle from side to side at higher speeds? If so, does it temporarily go away by either applying or letting off the throttle and/or applying the brake? If so..then you probably have the rear control arm problem and you'd be wasting your time on the front end.

davekell, yours was not what folks refer to as the death wobble...more likely a tire/wheel balance issue or simply worn tires..

ETA: Never mind....just discovered I'm late to this Groundhog Day Party... http://www.nissanpathfinders.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=29640&st=20

Edited by piste