Keyless entry acting up...

laxman0324

So when I bought my 01 a couple years ago the owner had shut the door on the only key fob and destroyed it, so I had to buy one online (ebay). It worked for two years and stopped about a month ago. I replaced the battery and now it works sporadically at best. Every time I walk up to get in the truck it will open the doors fine, but about half the time I leave the truck and push the lock button nothing happens.

So does it sound like I need to get another new fob or any ideas why this could be happening?

if you know someone with another pathy, you can always give their remote a shot. just program it to your truck, see if it works, if it does, go buy a new one. you can find them for pretty cheap. i bought two of them for about $65 at programyourfob.com.

only thing i didn't like about them is that they didn't respond to my e-mail, didn't send me any ship date or confirmation, etc. other than that, i got my fobs in about a week, and they looked brand new and worked flawlessly.

• 1 year later...

Old post but I've having the same issues, anyone know the cause or the fix? I found a service bulletin on fixing the WD21 Pathys but haven't seen anything on ours. I'd be interested in knowing where the module is located, is it still under the driver's seat as with the older Pathys?