Removing the bloody dash

PJpathy

How the smeg do you remove the bloody dash out of the Pathfinders? I have unscrewed everything I can see, the whole dash now pivots at the top moving in and out. But I still cant get the damn thing out, I cant get the metal windscreen vent cover off. Ive managed to pry it up and the metal clips at the front have popped out, but it is still holding fast. Ive yanked, pried, pulled, everything I can think of and it still wont budge. How do I get this piece out?

help01.JPG

help02.JPG

did you take the bolts ou tthat are down in the windshield/windscreen defrosters? That piece you seperated at the top is supposed to come out with the dash pad, not as 2 seperate pieces (at least thats how it is on my US market 88 IIRC, been a wHile since I did my changeover but swear it was one piece)

I'm saying this just by looking at your picture but I think you have to remove the HVAC controls in the middle, there is probably screws behind that as well,

was going to post from the FSM but than saw you have the square style dash so I removed the pics

Edited by ahardb0dy

I'm saying this just by looking at your picture but I think you have to remove the HVAC controls in the middle, there is probably screws behind that as well,

was going to post from the FSM but than saw you have the square style dash so I removed the pics

no need to remove them to yank the dash

There are several large screws deep underneath the metal cover in my pics that you can only just get to if you force the cover up, and I do mean force like almost bend the bastard so it must come off somehow, I just cant work out how. I managed to get to those screws and undo them, but you still seem to need to get that metal cover off.

I downloaded a PDF of what seemed to be my Pathfinder model. The section where it shows the dash in an exploded diagram, shows the metal cover im talking about in three separate pieces that just pull off. Mine is one long large single piece.

Edited by PJpathy

just out of curiousity...

why is your dash bloody? Is this why you are replacing it? because some bleach would do wonders!

Its bloody from the last smartarse passenger that didnt survive my brake test hehe.

Anyway, I figured it out. When the new windscreen was installed the industrial adhesive they used got on the metal cover panel and held it fast, so after a lot of swearing and a hell of a lot of brute force, it gave way.