Cargo shade

cobragt

Yes, a few people have. IIRC one was made from a donor out of another vehicle (width is the key) and another was made out of a roll up type window shade which can be ordered to any length. I know the R50's have them stick but I haven't measured it is test the compatability.

B

I made mine, took a L shaped aluminium profil and bolted on the sides, then I measured and cutted 2 boards from a marine wood and covered (glued) it with black "carpet" also made the holes for the speakers.

10062010126.jpg

Now I'm thinking on trying to adapt the R50 cargo cover and getting the speakers on the ceilling (working on it, now) for a better access to the trunk, I use it a lot and it's not pratical to keep taking the "shelfs" off and on.

My problem is that I don't have the R50 here :thumbsdown:, so I don't know if they have the necessary measures to adapt...

Someone took one out of a 96+ (R50) and made it work in their WD-21. IIRC they had to cut out the plastic panels to mount the catches at the rear, and the mounts by the back of the seats, but they did a good job making it look OE.

Someone took one out of a 96+ (R50) and made it work in their WD-21. IIRC they had to cut out the plastic panels to mount the catches at the rear, and the mounts by the back of the seats, but they did a good job making it look OE.

That is a great info, now I can plan things... Thanks. :aok:

Great Info guys. thanks keep them coming. Buy the way where you from in Portugal Texeira?

From Oporto (Porto) city. The land of the internationally known Porto Wine. B)

You know Portugal?

• 11 months later...

So, bringing this Topic to life again.

I just got my R50 cargo cover. Arrived today from Northeast, USA, in a really good shape, no major scratches and retracts perfectly.

cargocover.jpg

Now I'm on the process of getting my hands on the brackets

image000411.jpg

the guy that sold me the cover didn't had them...

My question is and I need your help: the brackets are bolted anywhere behind the plastic panel?

Do you remember how he did it?

Can't find anything about that mod.

Any help would be aprecciated. Thanks.