Newbie Alert! Smoking pathfinder

Nissaninman

Hi - I’m new so be gentle – searched for similar threads to no avail…..

Please help

I have a 2007 Pathfinder Aventura (25dci), which was serviced at 18000 (way before I bought it…. had it for a few months and ….. turbo went

Seems low oil lead to the turbo giving in at the knees!! Just had a 'oem' turbo fitted at 33000miles - mechanic said it will still smoke a bit due to their being some oil in the exhaust (which seems likely) but expected it to clear....

now 541miles extra and still smoking. On the motorway all seems fine and no smoke. Only recently without a long run…. after idle at lights/stop streets on in the drive when hard acceleration is puffs way too much smoke!!!

I need to know more from experts before I get taken down the garden path - please help!!!

What color is the smoke,black,blue grey?

Black is unburnt fuel,blue is oil and grey is a head gasket.

Check out a diesol site for a better run down on what could be cause it.

I know if too much fuel is dumped in for the rpm it will shot black smoke.

Edited by nismothunder

keep a check on your oil level and make sure your oil isn't dissapearing, if its not.it could possibly be unburnt diesel.a diesel engine will smoke when cold and as the turbo and engine get hot it usually goes away. if your oil is dissapearing it could be a a number of things. low oil could have wore the rings, or a valve guide is worn letting it leak into the engine.if i am not mistaken it takes around 600 degrees of heat/pressure to make diesel combust. so until the engine is warm it will push unused fuel out through the exhaust. all diesel fuel is, is oil

Edited by Daves94XE

so many possibilities, it could be anything from a restricted aircleaner if your breather is connected to the intake to the engine not being run in properly and glazed the bores so that the rings cant seal properly