I think I screwed up

1987caddy

Hey everyone, I took my speedo apart today to fix the odometer. Got the odometer working but I didn't mark where the speedo needle should be. I doesn't want to move past 10mph. Everything else works fine. Can anyone tell me how to get the speedo reading right?

If it works anything like the older tach motors then the motor prolly turned over without the needle there to keep it from turing to far.

remove the needle, turn the saft CCW you may feel a slight bump as it turns back over to its correct position. Replace needle and drive to check for accuracy.

So how did you fix your odometer? Do you have to remove the face to get to the gears? My trip odometers won't reset sometimes so I was thinking about getting in there and putting some graphite. I don't know if I want to pluck the needle off though, with my big fingers I'm sure to screw something up.

James

Well I went to the junkyard and got a new speedometer assembly that is within a 1k of what I think the

mileage should be. For the speedo, plastic cluster cover, horn assembly for the steering wheel and the light cover for the hatch area was only $11.65. Better than 300 bucks at the dealer.