Purcahsing another 93 - First Auto....Need Help

Duzzey

Hey all, this weekend I am picking up another Pathy, this one is for my girl for winter. This is the first Auto Trans Pathy I have bought so I am looking for helpful advice as to what I should look/listen for before picking it up. It has around 300k kms on it. Body is surprisingly clean, and it looks decent especially for the money. If anyone could point of some things about the auto trans, issues/fixes etc...not looking to dump a pile of money into this and definitely not going to be a off-road rig, just her daily winter beater.

Also anything in general about this year/model that may help me make a more informed decision would be great...Thanks!

Things I would check are, frame, tranny fluid smell/colour and how it shifts. Also find out when the timing belt was last changed, unless you wanna find out how angry your gf will be at you when it breaks in the middle of nowhere!

Make sure the tranny shifts into ALL gears and that it does it quickly. If it is a little sluggish into reverse or forward it means the tranny fluid was neglected. If it is sluggish I would ask for a price drop.

If it seems good then I would go for it and slap an external cooler on it. I have 340,000kms on my 95 (bought with 190) and it is still going strong.

Edited by adamzan