Running rough and bad gas mileage

Cuong Nguyen

What could cause the motor to die(shut off) when coming to a stop? Also it has been getting really crappier gas mileage. There also isn't any power and it takes some effort to get up to speed.

If, say the o2 sensor wires were damaged (pinched/cut/melted) I could possibly see the gas mileage going bad but would that cause the truck to die too?

I don't think the timing belt jumped a tooth.

Pretty sure the ignition timing is good unless somehow* the bolts loosened up and timing moved.

How often should you replace the fuel filter?

Kind of just ranting but frustrated since I don't have the truck here with me.

Did you check your ECU diagnostics?

http://www.nissanpathfinders.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=21

Check all the vacuum lines (especially the one in back of the intake manifold near the firewall the goes to the fuel regulator and the manifold), check the resistance on all your plug wires and make sure their pushed on all the way, and maybe pull the plugs and check them all for cracked isolators or fouling, etc. Just what I would do first.

Edited by Specv1973

• 2 weeks later...

I got a ride home to my mom's so I can see what's wrong with my truck and fix it to make the long haul back to Houston. Last night j was able to pull the plugs and do a compression check. I have reason to believe that I do have some worn rings and and possiblysome stuck valves. Worn rings would explain the low oil. Number one and six cylinders have no compression and the plugs were damaged. Going to throw in some new plugs and change the oil.

1290790305.jpg