Any aftermarket header options for the 3.5L?

WOT

Afternoon guys. Im in a bit of a debauckle here, my car has a custom exhaust that I want to redo anyways. Im not a big fan of the factory cats and resonators. And the look of the stock exhaust manifold and oiled up heatshields kind of angers me...

Anyways I noticed they dont make any aftermarket headers with stock location 02 bungs for the 3.5L engine but they do make them for the 350z, g35 etc all with the VQ35 but some different sub models.

Does anyone know or has anyone had success yet creating there own motor back exhaust system with any of these parts??

Would appreciate any info!!

Yeah I would like to start off with just what kind of car or specific manifold type to search for on the VQ engines to know that the exhaust port and studs line up like oem, then see if there was any chance of actually bolting them on and having them not fire into a firewall or engine mount, with proper 02 locations even in my best wishes lol, then I can just fabricate the rest of the exhaust from there

I'll have to try and research which Vq's have the same exhaust ports first I guess

EDIT: just searched for about an hour on this site and a few others for options, I didnt find a lick of info on anyone putting any sort of aftermarket header on there R50, I figured someone would have done this before for sure, those factory manifolds sure must flow crappy... they look restrictive anyways, and ugly

Edited by WOT

I'm sure the ports match its the same engine. I think I heard some time ago about somone putting G35 headders on a murano. I'm sure the job was custom but you've got a start, even if you have to cut and relocate 1 or 2 pipes you still have a headder plate that bolts to you head.

I'm sure the job was custom but you've got a start, even if you have to cut and relocate 1 or 2 pipes you still have a headder plate that bolts to you head.

I definetely would not want to modify the header extensively. Im looking for bolt on really, the most fab I would hope to do, at the very worst. Is add an 02 sensor bung in the correct place for my vehicle incase the car the header was made for had one in a different location. Obviously the exhaust/cat placement after that would all be custom, but I would hope to get a manifold that fits onto my factory studs and pointed the collectors in a managable direction...

Id like to think all VQ35 engines had the same exhaust port pattern and stud pattern but I dont think thats all the case with all the models and HR/De etc different engines.

If anyone could clarify...

Edited by WOT