damage to R50 when pulling traillers?

NAVY

hey,

I have a 2001 R50. I would like to know if any of you have been pulling heavy staff for a long time with the 3.5 R50. I am wondering if the engine would start smoking and when? rear suspension failure?, and if other stuff may happen or do happen? ... ?

thanks

Try to stick to around the gvw of your truck and you'll be fine. If your engine starts smoking at any point when towing you've officially been a moron. If you hook up a trailer and you're nosing up then it's likely you've got too much tongue weight and shouldn't tow it.

Like MY1PATH said get a trany cooler, auto trany overheating is a weakpoint in most pathfinders. You could also get airbags that go inside the rear coils if you're going to be towing a lot of weight, I've thought about doing that.

I have the 3.3L and I pull a trailer often. I don't know if it has ever been over 4500lbs, but I have never had a problem with it. I imagine the 3.5 will handle it even better. I have even pulled a 4000lb trailer for over 10hrs straight, and had no problems at all. On a windy day the knock sensor can go off, but I replaced mine and it hasn't gone off since.

I'm pulling an enclosed trailer 6x12 which weighs about 4,000 lbs with my gear. I also have electric breaks (very important) It's slow but no problems yet. Keep the overdrive off. The AC lift kit plus the 265/70/R17 tires really helped keep it all stable during a drive through the city or on the highway. I don't even need my airlifts anymore after the kit was installed.

I pull about 3000lbs with my 03 SE (trailer and two large 4 wheelers) and have no problems other than a little sag on the springs, but forthcoming airlift bags will solve that. It pulls really well and doesn't strain even here in hilly West Virginia.

Just keep your maintenance up on it and don't overdo it and you'll be fine.

I pull about 3000lbs with my 03 SE (trailer and two large 4 wheelers) and have no problems other than a little sag on the springs, but forthcoming airlift bags will solve that. It pulls really well and doesn't strain even here in hilly West Virginia.

Just keep your maintenance up on it and don't overdo it and you'll be fine.

I have airlifts on mine and they work great!! Don't let it sag too long or you will be replacing your control arms in the rear soon. You will know once you accelerate and the vehicle+steering starts to shake. They are expensive to replace. Go get the airlifts installed with the compressor. Don't buy it without the compressor.

I have airlifts on mine and they work great!! Don't let it sag too long or you will be replacing your control arms in the rear soon. You will know once you accelerate and the vehicle+steering starts to shake. They are expensive to replace. Go get the airlifts installed with the compressor. Don't buy it without the compressor.

Will do. I've only pulled with it 4 times. I'll have the airlifts on it before the next tow.