wheels and tires

Guest faktor

ok, im new to this stuff. ive just realized that my 95 pathy does pretty dang good 4wheeling being stock and all. id like to put a 4 inch body lift so i can fit some big ol tires in there. i currently have stock wheels. im guessing ill need 15 inch wheels but im not sure? if i got a 4 inch lift, how big could i go with the tires with out rubbing. with adding big tires and all is there anything else you have to do to a Pathfinder like steering stablizers or anything like that? thanks for the helping a newbie here.

Well, stock you can go till 31x10.5x15.

With 3" body lift, you can go 32".

With 3" BL + 3" susp lift, you can go 33".

I don't know if anyone got a 4" BL and if it fits 33" with no rubbing.

Yep, the stock wheels are 15", I think, and some Pathys came stock with 31" tires as well. I have 15x8 wheels with 31" tires and they rub just a little at full turn... probably due to the stupid Les Schwab people using wheels with the wrong offset... grr. =)

You can do all sorts of things with a Pathfinder. Search for them. :D

• 2 weeks later...

I just mounted 31x10.5x15 (stock for my truck) on a 15x8 (replaced the 15x7) with a 3.75 offset (4.5 is stock). Rub! I had to take off the mudflaps up front, bend back the metal that the front bottom of the fender flair connects to, and trim the flairs just down under where you can't see.

And I also recommend measuring your ride height up front, mine sagged over an inch! (get specs from any shop manual). It took me less than an hour to torque the torsion bars a bit and get it back to stock + maybe a half inch. Helped alot!

i was told that after messing w/ you torsion bars it's a good idea to get the tires realigned. i know that if it's like a few turns of the bolt it won't do much, but before i got my lift. i had my torsion bars totally maxed out, and the tires were screwed up after about two months.

i have a 3inch suspension lift and i got to fit 33x12.50x15 on 15x7 wheels. i rubbed before, now my fenders are all bent and fixed (it's what i called it) it doesn't rub anymore while turing and even fourwheelin, (in my case it's 2wheelin) it only rubs when i'm flexing like crazy.

yeah, you can fit 33x12.50 on a 15x7 wheels, no problems, the only thing is that the tire kind of bubbles out alittle, but no biggie i was told and no biggie has happened, no problems for me. i was also told that it's kinda better because it has better protection to the rim.