Engine Bogging

95Finder

Ok, here is whats going on. The 95 Pathfinder had been sitting for about 4-6 months. The fuel level was pretty low so I am thinking condensation formed in the tank and mixed with the gas. The car runs smooth until I really get on it. Then I lose power and have to let up off the gas and reapply pressure. Do you guys think it is the fuel filter or just water in the tank or could it be both? I am registering it on Monday so I will be able to go to the gas station and fill up the tank the whole way and put some dry gas in it. If this doesn't help I am assuming it is the fuel filter. Later.

I'd run some fuel stabilizer through along with some fresh gas. A new fuel filter couldn't hurt. You may also want to think about checking and/or replacing your plugs after a few runs, especially since its bogging down. May just need to get some fresh fuel to clean the system, then get wound out on the highway to clear its throat.

I'd run some fuel stabilizer through along with some fresh gas.

fuel goes bad as quickly as 30 days after refining. Whenever you store an engine for prolonged periods of time, it's always a good idea to fill the tank all the way up and add some stablizer as pickles says. Make sure you run the engine for a few mins to work the stabilized gas throughout the system.