wont start

derrick719

ok so i been trying to start my truck all i have done in a timing belt and a water pump. i did the body swap and a 5speed swap 2. the only thing that stumps me is a what it could be the only thing i can think of is something with the 5speed swap and the auto sensors or im low on gas. any other ideas. the other prob is its below 0 deg up here in canada

Ultimately it comes down to air, fuel, spark and compression.

Does it even splutter and try to catch or does it just crank?

Check that you have spark (the easiest)

I'll assume you have air so spray some starter fluid into the intake and see if that makes any change.

Check to make sure you have fuel and depending how long the truck has been sitting, any existing gas may be crap.

If all that checks out, check the compression.

As an after thought, does your rotor spin when you turn the motor over??

B

yes the rotor does spin i have been working with the vg30 for 3 years now in the 300zx.

ya the gas should be fine drove the truck beginning on sept when i bought it. i double checked the belt its fine. i never touched anything in the ignition im wondering if i forgot a wire somewhere but not sure. dash should be back together tomorrow if its not snowing to much and ill put more gas in it.

im just getting a little frustrated as i did all this work on the frame swap and now it wont start when i need it to.

nope it cranks i took the gear selector/sensor off the auto and plugged it in and stuck it in neutral. im prob getting to far ahead of my self it could be low on gas since i could lift the tank myself.

Cool, I'm glad it was only a simple mistake. Make sure to loosen up that belt though, a few people have had their tensioner stud break and I think one person snapped off a cam sprocket...

B

Good Job man! After all the work you did I knew you wouldn't let a starting issue stump you. You should feel proud driving that truck around after all that work.

0 deg already :blink: Holy crap winter isn't even here yet! This Cajun boy has never even felt 0 deg weather. Down here if it's below 20 deg half the town shuts down. Accept for the wrecker drivers, they get really busy.

James

Cool, I'm glad it was only a simple mistake. Make sure to loosen up that belt though, a few people have had their tensioner stud break and I think one person snapped off a cam sprocket...

B

and that ........ aint no fun!

Good Job man! After all the work you did I knew you wouldn't let a starting issue stump you. You should feel proud driving that truck around after all that work.

0 deg already :blink: Holy crap winter isn't even here yet! This Cajun boy has never even felt 0 deg weather. Down here if it's below 20 deg half the town shuts down. Accept for the wrecker drivers, they get really busy.

James

im so excited to drive her it shall be nice im hoping to be done today or tomorrow as it rains/snows on sunday

ya 0 deg is nothing as it is not that bad as its a dry cold not a wet cold as it on the coast. ya in about a month it should be as low at -20 to -40.. im just thinking that last year i was getting ready to go to go on a cruse to mexico oh now nice it would be to go again