former jeeper

Hi everyone! i recently sold my 92 cherokee and got a 98 pathfinder for a wicked price ($2400) i origionally planned on selling it and making a bit of $$ but this thing is growing on me :) Going from a vehicle 1000lbs lighter with 30HP more took some getting used to but it makes me drive nicer anyway. I have my first dumb question...On the rearview mirror there is a bumpout on top that looks like a display screen and there is a button on top. Is this a compass/temp display or is it auto dimming? whatever it is i dont think it is working :unsure:

Howdy Bud, welcome to NPORA!! That does sound like a good price as long as it is in good condition. The Cherokee is 1000lbs lighter?? What is it made of, styrofoam?? :blink:

Yes, the thing you described is a temp/compass display. Start with fuses and go from there, I have never had to mess with it.

B

The Cherokee is 1000lbs lighter?? What is it made of, styrofoam?? :blink:

B

LOL!

Welcome to NPORA, you'll find anything and everything you need to know here! and you're only down 20 horsepower from your XJ!

Edited by silverton

The Cherokee is 1000lbs lighter?? What is it made of, styrofoam?? :blink:

B

:) may as well be! lots of fiberglass. specs say 750lbs but i am assuming curb wheight would be with comparable models so with my XJ not having any options like AC, powerwindows locks, no spare tire compared to the pathy's full size and aluminum rims VS steel i figure it must make up for the extra 250? I was over estimating HP too :) specs say 22 and i had done a few minor things i figured may have brought it up to 30.. Bored throttle body with spacer, removed restricting venturi and K&N with modified air box