Hello from the Bay Area

m0nkeyprince

I have a 1998 qx4 which is nearing its 100,000 mile bday, along with the timing belt change which i kinda dread doing. currently im working on replacing the boots of my front left cv axle, its taking a while because of parts, etc. To my knowledge, i am told that the pathfidner and qx4 are essentially the same SUv? looking at many of the posts, no one seems to have a qx4.

IN the how to section there is an excellent write up on doing your timing belt. You will find, more than anything, that it is just time consuming and not really that hard.

Speaking of timing belt, I just found a set of round tooth pullies for my 89 and am Stoked! 100k belts will be in my future!

Welcome, QX4 and all... :D

The wife has a 99 R50 so same as yours other than the price. It's all good.

Like M1P said, the timing belt isn't really hard, just time consuming and unless you have a garage full of tools and supplies, figure the vehicle off the road for a couple of days and have a spare vehicle handy for emergency auto parts runs. It is worth the savings to me...

Where in the Bay Area are you?? I assume the SF Bay Area in NorCal...

I am in Santa Rosa as you can tell.

B

thanks all! yea, i have found some GREAT posts on timing belt installs so that shouldnt be a problem, i have a couple projects still, mainly, my shock/strut, rotor/pads, and currently my cv axle rebuild.

Hey precise1, youve been to lake berryessa yea? i go rafting there whenever i can, best damn lake ive ever been so far, im sure Santa Rosa is near it, i saw the highway signs on my way there.

I haven't been there in a while, but I don't have a boat... :shrug:

It is 25-30 miles away by crow, but it takes a lot longer due terrain. To bad summer is over but maybe we can work out a meet??

B