Pathfinder leans

Guest MontanaPathy

Guest MontanaPathy

I have a 2000 Pathfinder SE 4x4...It has a lean to the driver's side, What could cause this? I used to have a 78 Land Cruiser, which also had a lean, but Land Cruisers are notorious for that...Seems to lean about 2 inches to the driver's side.

Thanks folks

Ok, so I originally thought my 2003 Pathy LE had sagging on one side/corner; but then found out it was cause I was parked on a hill and all the gas in the gas tank was leaning towards my driver side rear which made it sag lower then all the other sides. Then as I parked it level, everything went back to normal. So yeah, try parking your car in a level place and see if you still have that problem. Or try parking your car the reverse direction you have it at now in that same spot, and see if it leans to the opposite direction. If it is, its just a matter of your gas tank putting weight towards one side based on the angle you're parked.

Seams to lean, or does lean? Have you verified by comparing measurments for both sides, front and back? If not, go from the ground to the center of the wheel well, or another convenient and consistent spot. Could (hopefully) be a figment of your imagination, which I'm sure you'd prefer.

Guest MontanaPathy

Okay, on an empty tank, not so much lean...when full the lean is in full effect, about 2 inch difference on driver's side rear compared to pass...In my garage, it's not so noticable, but is still there...do i need new shocks?