New guy from chicago!

Chicano2005

Hello my name is Alex im 21 in two days i turn 22. Im originally from Mexico but i live in Chicago. I just bought a 1999 pathfinder LE canadian model for 4000$. I NEED FRONT PADS AND ROTORS i got a quote for 239$ parts and labor is that a good price 2pay

Welcome Alex and congrats on your 'new to you' pathy!!

$240 parts and labor isn't bad for pads and rotor. Will they be trying to reuse the old wheel bearings?? Depending on the mileage, you may just want to have new bearings pressed in rather than the old ones.

B

You are welcome, but I just realized that I think the rotors bolt onto the hubs on the R50s but I have no way to confirm that at work (I know WD21/pre1995 models much better). If this is the case, no, you don't need to replace the wheel bearings and they should be fine at 125k. It might not hurt to have them regreased, torqued though. I'll verify all this when I get home.

B

I really appreciate your help! Thabks alot! On another topic, im having trouble shifting the transfer case up to (4l and 4h i think) is it supposed to be like that? I mean i dont really need it right now. Maybe when the snow falls hard i might want to try

No problem Alex, that's the purpose of the site. :aok:

It sounds like the shifter linkage is binding or rusted/corroded. Look underneath on the drivers side, you should be able to see the shifter shaft and positioning bracket. Is there anything keeping it from moving? Try oiling the pivots and contact points. It may not have been used for a long time and just needs to be worked free. Oh, to shift into 4low you need to push down and pull back on the shifter.

B

Hey guys! I figured it out now! Turns put that the transfer case was in 2H.....dounw was 4H.....i was moving itn between those two. So to move it lower i have to press down. But if i put it N it wont move all. After moving it for time...it grinds!