swaping 92 body for 95 body

gas92

hello, looking at buying a second 95 pathfinder for a body swap, its in mint shape.My 92 body is shot, but frame still has black paint. the doner frame is shot, but body is mint. Now this is my question, will a 95 body bolt right up to a 92 pathfinder frame. both are auto, 4x4. also will be putting a body lift on at the same time, will i have any problems with that to.

thanks in advance

I find it weird how the early frames stand up much better to rust than the newer frames. It's funny how the 87-92 D21/WD21 trucks suffer from timing belt failures while the 93-95s suffer from frame failures. It appears to me that to get a perfect Pathfinder you have to swap the 95 body onto the 91 or so frame. The second best from that is to transplant a 94-95 block into the 91 or so chassis.

If you have the extra cash, go for the VG33E block from 96-00 with either choice.

I think it will go as smooth as any body swap can. everything should be the same.

thanks, just wanted to make sure. and this doner pathy is mint, brand new tires, tranny cooler with temp gauge, new axles and hubs, and lots more, all for $400 Canadian!!!! well thanks again. will try to get pics of body lift and body swap.

It's funny how the 87-92 D21/WD21 trucks suffer from timing belt failures while the 93-95s suffer from frame failures.

86.5-92+ are square tooth belts and pulleys that are 60k mile rated while 93+-95 are 105k mile rated. I don't think the early ones are more prone to break, just need more frequent replacement and therefore are more often neglected... ;)

Both my 95 frames aren't failing at all. :shrug:

B

86.5-92+ are square tooth belts and pulleys that are 60k mile rated while 93+-95 are 105k mile rated. I don't think the early ones are more prone to break, just need more frequent replacement and therefore are more often neglected... ;)

Both my 95 frames aren't failing at all. :shrug:

B

They aren't failing because you don't live in the salt/rust belt. I do and where other Pathfinders have been rotted to crap around me, my frame is perfect. I rarely ever wash it and the truck is not even kept in a garage and it still looks mint.