Nissan Car Clinic

jdub

A couple of weeks ago I recieved a complimentary 100 point inspection from Nissan in the mail. Has anyone else recieved this?

I dropped the pathy off last night, we shall see what they have to say other then she is old, tired and worn out.

Yeah I got the thing in the mail. Its a scam - not a real scam but I brought the car and Nissan never gave me a print out of the inspection. I had to yell at the managers that they wasted my time and then they had to do another inspection. Waste of my time if you ask me.

P.S. Don't get nervous - I live in Boston - scam capital of the world - heehee

~Jason

Surely the inspection they offer is to tell you that your Pathy isn't new, so you should trade it in on a new one. I've had a bunch of stealers try and take my Pathy off my hands while shopping to replace the old Camry. One guy even walked up as I pulled into a lot and said "so you're gonna trade that thing in, right? Looks like you definately need to move up." Thanks buddy, you just lost my business. -thnkboutit-

Yeah, they won't get a darn thing out of me. And they will give me a print out of what they did.

Its not really a waste of my time since the Pathy sits in the garage 90% of the time.

Well, Auburn Nissan just called to inform me about what they found on the Pathy.

They said that my air filter and fan belt need replacing and that I have a cracked CV boot. Not too bad for a Pathy with 175k miles on it.

They then said that it would be $413 to replace all of that. I said no thanks I will do it myself.

They then said that it would be $413 to replace all of that.

That's where they try to get you... "Since we already have it apart, we can go ahead and replace yadda yadda..." I got mine 'inspected' and they gave me a load of crap about all the things that were wrong and even had the balls to schedule a time to dropoff the pathy for the 'necessary' repairs. I laughed at them and drove away.

darn. $400 - you can do all that for less then $75 + time I am assumming!

I hate dealerships. They try and find things wrong - not look for what is right. Did you get a print out of the inspection?

~Jason

Yeah, I better be able to do all of that for $75 + :beer:

They also said that my left manifold leaks, suprise suprise. I said I will just put headers on before I pay them to fix the manifold and broken studs.

I will say that they didn't have a problem with me not having them do the work.

Or at least they didn't act that way towards me. But now I know what needs fixing and it cost me nothing.

Anyone can take their Nissan in to any dealer for this deal. Just give your dealer a call and ask about the Complimentary Car Clinic.

Auburn Nissan had posters of the deal throughout the Showroom.

It is only good through October.