Cruise Control Vacuum

RustyButTrusty

Here recently I noticed the cruise control in my 88 pathfinder isn't working. When you push the set button the green light comes on showing that it's set, but nothing happens. I'm pretty sure this is a vacuum related problem. The service manual I have however doesn't give any info for the cruise control set up, and I'm needing a diagram that shows me where the vacuum hoses are routed. Does any one have such a diagram that they wouldn't mind sharing? Thanks!

Is the engine running rough? Vacuum leaks are always associated with poor performance. There's a few members on here who've had issues with theirs, usually it was something electronic. I think there's a diagram on the underside of the hood, but it may be for emissions stuff only.

Actually the engine runs right nicely for have close to 300k on it. Reason I suspected a vacuum problem was that the hose going to the actuator was unhooked, and I'm not quite sure where to hook it back at. Although like you mentioned it may be a combination of electrical and vacuum problems.

I just went out and looked at mine, the hose attaches to the rearmost underside part of the actuator in between the actuator body and the metal bracket attaching it to the firewall. You'll need to unbolt it all so you have room to work.

• 1 year later...

Hey sorry to bring up an old topic but I kinda need help in that area. My 89 terrano has that exact same vacuum nipple that kingman posted. I have the top one going to my aircleaner but where does the side one go to?. Ive been told in another topic that it goes to the back of the cruise control vacuum canister on passenger firewall. I have found nothing relating to the cruise control in the pdf service manual aswell as the service manual for the d21. If someone could snap a picture of where the other end goes to that would be great.

I don't have a cruise control cam on my throttle cam so i guess that confirms i don't have cruise control? With this being said I still have that vacuum nipple exposed, Is it meant to hook up to something else if i don't have cruise control or does it just get capped off?

Edited by Leo94

• 1 month later...

Hey sorry to bring up an old topic but I kinda need help in that area. My 89 terrano has that exact same vacuum nipple that kingman posted. I have the top one going to my aircleaner but where does the side one go to?. Ive been told in another topic that it goes to the back of the cruise control vacuum canister on passenger firewall. I have found nothing relating to the cruise control in the pdf service manual aswell as the service manual for the d21. If someone could snap a picture of where the other end goes to that would be great.

I don't have a cruise control cam on my throttle cam so i guess that confirms i don't have cruise control? With this being said I still have that vacuum nipple exposed, Is it meant to hook up to something else if i don't have cruise control or does it just get capped off?

If you don't have cruise then there should have been a cap plug on there with age they will rot and fall off. take a short piece of hose and put a screw in it or a golf tee works also then stick it on the nipple