temperature gauge not working

Scaramoche

Hi folks

Well I figured since i have some time on my hands i would fix my temperature guage which hasnt worked since i rebuilt the engine(possibly before). So any information would be greatly appreciated. If you are suspect a broken part, could you please let me know where it's at.

Thanks

Scara

the temp gauge is the single wire that is beside the temp sender (2 wire connector)in the top rad hose housing on top of the engine remove the single wire and ground it to the housing and if your wiring and guage in the dash is ok it will go to FULL temperature reading not half or 3/4 but full if it does then that means u need a new sensor in that housing if it does not move then the wiring may be bad or the gauge and if it moves some or partially then it is only the gauge. Goodluck

um dude he has a TBI so its not on the upper coolant neck.

the guage sender is on the top of the manifold imediately behind where the upper hose meets it. It may be easier to put a wrench on it if you take the air box off.

let it soak in pb for days (literally) blast it a few times every day and let it soak (temp changes from diving will help the pb work)

unplug it and find a good 6 point wrench (12 points and opens will round the 20 yr old brass) and carefully remove it.

Mine was so bad I had to drill out the whole sensor and re-chase the threads....

Edited by MY1PATH