CD Changer Problems

WaarrEagle

Getting it out is fairly simple. First pop out the AC vents by putting a flathead screwdriver in the bottom right hand corner between the vents and the leather covering on the dash. Just simply pry it out, but make sure you're getting the vent piece and not just the plastic molding around it. Next, take out the two exposed screws and pop off the plastic covering on the dash. Now, you will see four screws holding the two pieces the cd changer and head unit are attatched to. Take out those screws, pull out the changer and head unit, detatch the wiring harness, and you're home free.

Its really quite simple. It'll make a lot more sense when you just go and try it. Sorry I dont know about it being repaired or not. I despise changers and ebayed mine immediately after I got my pathy. Good luck.

I wish I had sold that one while it was working. A remanufactured changer sold today on e-Bay for $550!!! Nissan wants $1200 for a replacement or they can send it off for 4-6 weeks and have it fixed for ~$250. How the hell is this thing so valuable!!!

I wish I had sold that one while it was working. A remanufactured changer sold today on e-Bay for $550!!! Nissan wants $1200 for a replacement or they can send it off for 4-6 weeks and have it fixed for ~$250. How the hell is this thing so valuable!!!

Hey,

its scmaxima2k from over at the org :D . Those prices are crazy for this pos changer!!!!!! wow man, it would be a ton cheaper just to lose the changer and blose hu and throw a decent alpine headunit in there. I noticed today while changing cds in my pathy how noisy and slow this changer is. I dont know why, but my mom has an 02 pathy with the newer bose version of the indash 6disc changer it it not only looks better but seems to function better, yet ive heard of people having problems with that changer too....

man, you musta jinxed me or something, now my changer is starting to act up. Ive only had the darn thing for 2 weeks and the thing is already pissing me off. The past few days, probably happened 4 or 5 times, but i will be playing a cd, and it will just cut out mid song, and start changing discs and keep cycling. Today when i went to leave in the pathy, i couldnt even get the changer to work until like after 20 min of driving and it did the cutout mid song thing once, it was kinda cold out and i know in my max the bose headunit didnt seem to like the cold and wouldnt play when the car was cold, would only make clicking noises until the car warmed up after 20 min or so..... looks like its time to buy a new headunit already.....

Yea I had a problem with my changer too. It would give me an "error 2" message when I switch to Cd mode and won't play Cds. I took it to my dealer and they didn't even know what it is. They replaced the changer and the radio and the message was still there! I was about to enforce the Lemon Law but they fixed it on the last third try. They had to replace the changer AGAIN!

My changer went bad in my 01 Pathy and I ended up sending it to Clarion (it really is a Clarion, only the speakers are Bose) for repair. It cost $110.00 and they put in several retrofits, I guess to correct known problems. You can call Clarion at 800-347-8667 and find out where to send it for repair. It took a couple of weeks, but it works fine now.

FloydFan