were to buy a roof basket

qx4paulo

ebay has some off brand ones. my buddy picked one up for 80 shipped.

i built mine by hand though. wasnt hard, and it holds more weight than any production basket will. the mounting was the most complicated part.

Edited by skulptr

I got the idea of everything for it...and the cost of materials (75-100).... going to use either 1" or 1.5" square tube 1/8" thick....and maybe make some sliders out of 2.5" 1/4 thick square tube...all i need is a welder and a AC-O2 set up...

I got the idea of everything for it...and the cost of materials (75-100).... going to use either 1" or 1.5" square tube 1/8" thick....and maybe make some sliders out of 2.5" 1/4 thick square tube...all i need is a welder and a AC-O2 set up...

Ya i acually just bought a nice mig welder and i might end up making a rack also keep me posted on ur project. I keep looking aroung for a yokima style rack but seem to be a bit over priced. Plus if its custome we can add mounts for all the random @!*% .. Shovel, jack, fishing rods, and nets etc

i used old thule cross bars, drilled holes through them, got bolts that match the thread on the original cross bars, and secured it to the runners in the track. you have to be careful though, if the bolts are too long, they will hit the bottom of the channel, causing the runner to strip.

from there, i just bolted the basket to the thule bars. thule bars are some pretty hefty chunks of steel