New Guy, New Guy....

Guest twodubs

Guest twodubs

Just picked up a CLEAN 93 Pathfinder SE 4x4.

will be popping in here from time to time. gotta a bunch of questions so you know i will need sime direction on places to look for parts. :P

not new to forums i am a true VW addict. but needed something for the winter and to tow the GTI. lol!!!

later,

steve

Guest twodubs

well just got a real kick in the hiney today. found a nice size hole in the frame from rust. just sucks, i wasn't plannin on this, but its not that bad. so out comes the grinders and welder.

damnit, i though i wasn't gunna have to wrok on this one for a bit lol!!

Welcome...

I do am a VW nut. Got an 83 Rabbit GTi, that I'm swapping the 2.0L 16V out of a 92 Jetta GLi into, should be fun once I get it running. :aok:

As for the frame rot, you may want to talk to abomb1, as he's had experience with holey rust in the frame of his former 94 Pathfinder. :aok:

Guest twodubs

sweet. i have a few projects with the VW's goin on right now. my current driver is a 1990 corrado with an AEB 1.8t swap t3/t04, standalone fuel, etc..

winter project is a 91 GTI 16v. thats the big one!! fully built motor, dual BB turbo, custom intake and exhaust manis and a nice tranny.

but thats not even close to a winter car. so i needed the Pathfinder. :P

on a sad note, the 93 was a no go. i found ALOT more rot than i was willing to work with so i took it back and am tooking at a few more tomorrow. 2 95's and a 94.

later,

steve

• 2 weeks later...
Guest twodubs

thanks!! well i finally got one. its a 95 XE 5-spd. a little more miles than i wanted at 130k but it runs like a champ and NO RUST!!! get to go and pick it up tomorrow. i can't wait.

steve