Newbie to Nissans!

Hey, introducing myself. I'm Chuck, I'm out of Centennial Colorado, south east of Denver. I'm new to Nissans, not new to forums, 4 wheeling, or wrenching. I'll tell a little about myself, post pics of my Pathy here in the morning.

I'm a Ford guy who is digressing from the domestic scene. Long story as to why I have a Pathy now. I started my driving/truck/mechanical story when I was 17, bought a 1993 Ford Bronco Eddie Bauer, drove the wheels off of it, bought a 2002 Ford Ranger FX4, sold that and bought a 1996 F250. Well, back in December of last year I got laid off from my job, and ended up loosing my F250 to the bank. Fast forward to now. I had been looking for cheap, reliable transportation to get me around and I couldn't buy another Ford for that much without having to really sink a ton of money into it. So I started looking at imports, such as Rodeo's, Pathy's, 4runners, you know the routine. Stumbled across my 1993 Pathy SE Sport for $1300 on Craigslist. Went to look at it, and fell in love. It's in OK shape, minimal rust, minor problems here and there that don't have any effects on the drivability. However, 234,000 miles. And believe it or not, it doesn't have the typical Nissan intake manifold tick!

So I'll be around, needing to find a new Nissan home, and try to learn everything I possibly can about this Pathy. I absoutly LOVE driving it and in all honesty I haven't had this much fun driving since I had my Bronco on the road!

What's up Chuck?? (sorry, I used to say that to an old landlord years ago).

Welcome to NPORA and congrats on the new to you pathy. 234k miles is a bit but as long as it was reasonably maintained, you should get many more. Just make sure the timing belt has been changed at proper intervals, it is 60,000 miles for your model.

We have plenty of info and maybe even some parts you need here... :beer:

B

I appreciate the welcome! I'll post pics up of my Pathy a little later today, though it aint much to look at. Already started doing some modding to it, nothing big or major, but my buddy who's a former Pathy owner/Pathy guru had some extra parts sitting in his garage from the 91 SE he had and had stripped down before it got sent to the crusher (rusted to the point of no return). Replaced my cracked drivers side headlight, put a fullsise spare on my tire carrier, Optima red top, took some of the excess tubing off the airbox to free it up a bit, sounds cool and unleashes a little power! So far I LOVE my Pathy!

Edited by thesoundmaster

You come to the right place to learn anything you want to know Parhfinder... And some things you may not have wanted to know :shrug: and definatly put up some pics, we don't care if it's bone friggin stock, we still wanna see it!

Here she is folks!!!

41130_10150251441380187_780545186_14422962_7503258_n.jpg

She has been irritating me a little this week. The other day she started dying on idle, replaced the vacuum line from the canister to the TB, and put a K&N drop in air filter in. Kind of helped, but still tries to die on idle. Any ideas at all?

Yep, thats a Pathfinder all right!! :D

Hmm, dying on idle. Someone dealt with that recently, but I think they had an earlier TBI model. I can't say I know exactly what the issue is, but I would start by checking the ECU for fault codes (instructions in Garage/How To section). If that doesn't turn anything up, I'd continue checking for vacuum leaks, EGR valve function (might be stuck open?) and clean the MAF.

B