Adjustable Shocks?

ChiTownSprty

Do we have adjustable shocks on our trucks? The switch on the center console says "sport" and "touring." I can't tell a difference on either setting? Is this something that works and is there a way to tell if mine is working correctly?

I didn't think mine worked but it turned out the bulb in the switch was bad, easiest way to test them and notice a difference is to push down on the rear bumper, first put the switch in touring (some, like mine say comfort) and push down on the rear bumper it should be easy to move up and down, than put the switch in sport and do the same thing, if the shocks are working in sport you shouldn't be able to push the bumper down much if at all, you can also try rocking the truck from side to side in the 2 switch positions and should notice a difference.

If there's a wiring connector attatched to your shocks you prolly have the stock adjustables. If you still have the original shocks from '91 they prolly don't work anymore.

Should I be able to peek in the wheel well and see the connector? Not sure if they are the original shocks or not?!? I just picked it up last winter. I hope they aren't originals...

I didn't think mine worked but it turned out the bulb in the switch was bad, easiest way to test them and notice a difference is to push down on the rear bumper, first put the switch in touring (some, like mine say comfort) and push down on the rear bumper it should be easy to move up and down, than put the switch in sport and do the same thing, if the shocks are working in sport you shouldn't be able to push the bumper down much if at all, you can also try rocking the truck from side to side in the 2 switch positions and should notice a difference.

Thanks, I'm going to try this.

If there's a wiring connector attatched to your shocks you prolly have the stock adjustables. If you still have the original shocks from '91 they prolly don't work anymore.

X2 if they still worked you would be one of the few that had working originals...(in my neck of the woods anyway)

This is probably one of the better ways to check em. I use this method to check regular shocks...haha...

It works with the Rancho 9000 system as well...