Intake Plenum gasket...

VW_Factor

So, removed the upper intake plenum today for replacement of the IACV. The gasket between the two pieces of intake looks like its still in good shape. Button it back up, or replace the gasket? Gaskets available in my area come in a kit for 50 bones.

What say you? Its kinda a pain to remove all the junk and remove the plenum, and I would like to not have to do it again from a leaky intake, but saving 50 bones is also a nice thing. :)

See if you can get it online for cheaper. I would replace it if I were you.

Yeah, I wanted to finish up the job today. I got the set, and just used the one gasket. No worries really. I'll have the extras for later.. Cleaned up the nasty oil crust all through the plenum and throttle body. Used brake clean and a rag to get as much as I could from the lower intake. Looking at how nasty that was, I went for the cheapo EGR delete (sheet metal and gastket sealant between the EGR and intake)and every vent on the valve cover that was routed back into the intake was plugged on the intake side, and the valve cover vents are now vented to atmosphere through a K&N breather.

Finally no more finiky idle, and it seems to be much more responsive now. Very pleased after a days work :)

So, removed the upper intake plenum today for replacement of the IACV. The gasket between the two pieces of intake looks like its still in good shape. Button it back up, or replace the gasket? Gaskets available in my area come in a kit for 50 bones.

What say you? Its kinda a pain to remove all the junk and remove the plenum, and I would like to not have to do it again from a leaky intake, but saving 50 bones is also a nice thing. :)

I dunno how good it is but I just reused old gasket and slapped a coat of High temp rtv silicone on each side before I reinstalled. Doesn't seem to leak :)