rough start and missfire

jprater88

Okay I have been having a problem with my pathy not wanting to stay started in the morning... and it only happens in the morning and in the evening.. What happens is I wake up to go to class in the morning and crank it and it dies instantly. It will start back up and do the same thing. But whats weird is that it wont do it during the day once it warms up. I at first thought that it was just a bad fuel filter and it helped for a couple of days but then it started to act up again. Now I was talking with a friend of mine about the whole issue and we both cant figure it out its bafleing the both of us... Now once i can get it started long enough to drive it has a real bad misfire that leads to it dying everytime i come to a stop... Some one please help figure this out

nunya i havent checked yet but i suspect you might be on to something... I just need a gauge set to test it... and as to the other i cant find my maf at all i am not even sure it uses one but i will check in the morning

... and as to the other i cant find my maf at all i am not even sure it uses one but i will check in the morning

Pull the air cleaner off and it is the black box on the driver's side of the throttle body,

Oh alright man but it would be a good start but i been working on my rig for a while cause im to busy from work and it sucks but hope you find the problem

okay I figures it out... I had been meaning to do a tune up on it anyway and so i started with some of the more expensive items like the cap and rotor and wouldn't you know it it fixed the problem... from there i actually set the idle where its suppose to be (idiot before me was not actually mechanically inclined and backed it all the way off)... So yeah now all I have to do is put the body lift and the springs on and she will be where I want her then its tires and fender flares if I can find any...

Oh does anyone know how the hell to take the radio/ac/ash tray console bezel off I found the three screws but i think there are more under the vents and i cant get those off with out cracking the almost perfect pieces