HELP!

BIGPHIL

A relay could make sense, just don't know where to look.....checking my FSM right now......here's a stupid question, got the right bulbs in there....I think they should be 1157's not the 1156's should have 2 seperate filaments in them.

true.....so after a quick check of the FSM all I can find relating to the rear tailights is the switch at the pedal(there is 2 if you have cruise control) and a Bulb Check Relay in the engine compartment, I believe on the Passenger side, should be BLUE, in the middle of the bank of 5 relays.

Not really finding anything else relating to brake light though. I'll check some more, just cooking some dinner right now too.

Break out a multimeter and start checking voltages and wires for continuity. Check the switch that you put it make sure it is good.

Are you getting power at the switch? Is it making it out of the switch, is it present at the rear of the truck. Is your ground(s) good? Visually inspect the bulbs and sockets. Using a couple pieces of wire, apply power to the bulbs... basically start troubleshooting single sections/parts/pieces of the system. Narrow it down togo.gif