power locks and power trunk

kcpath

When I bought my wrecked 92 pathy $125 it was in bad shape, after a new/used front clip, gutted the frame rot, new calipers, pads, all new front end linkage, rancho shocks, rebuilt engine and reman tranny, new wheels tires, etc, etc. I spent a lot of money restoring this thing and for the door locks and trunk lid not to work its pissin me off.

Where do I start troubleshooting this thing? its not the obvious fuse that would make things easy.

There's a control box for the power locks, I think in a 4-door it's in the back behind the paneling? I know in a 2-door it's right next to the back seat on the driver's side. I would check and see if that looks alright, or if there's power going to it. Also, did it come factory with an alarm and a key fob? If so the control unit for that is under the driver's seat.

There's a control box for the power locks, I think in a 4-door it's in the back behind the paneling? I know in a 2-door it's right next to the back seat on the driver's side. I would check and see if that looks alright, or if there's power going to it. Also, did it come factory with an alarm and a key fob? If so the control unit for that is under the driver's seat.

I tested the door switch and its not that. It did come with a Crimestopper alarm, key-less entry, trunk entry. I've put new battery's in the fob and reset the fob....also contacted Crimestopper and was told the alarm key-less etc would not interfere with locking the doors from the inside switch panel. I also found the 3 wires from the switch panel on the door. how can I trace that back to the contol box.

I'm weak with electrical, but assuming most of the wiring is still stock, go to the Garage section and towards the top is a pinned topic, Factory Service Manuals. Go to a link and download the earliest (1994) and there should be full wiring schematics.

Also, 5523Pathfinder (Nissan/Infinity mechanic) has a write up about fixing remote entry, but I'm not sure that will answer things...

B