Installed my lowering springs today in my 90 Sentra

ahardb0dy

Well after buying these like 3 years ago I finally installed them today, originally I was going to wait until I got new struts but since I couldn't afford to buy 4 new ones at this time and I got tired of seeing the coil spring box sitting up on a shelf in my shed I decided to put them in today. I don't know how much of a drop they were supposed to give but the front came down a decent amount, the rear looks about the same as with the stock springs. Also the front struts are black and have "Nissan" stamped in them so I think they are original, the rear struts are blue and seem like they are replacements, anyway here are some before and after pics:

Tires are 195/50/15's

Before:

30lj4a9.jpg

After (before driving it, seems like it got lower after taking it for a drive):

168x4hs.jpg

Before:

11l7p1f.jpg

After:

qn8dqv.jpg

Wow! Quite a difference. Both front and rear should have settled a little from the drive. Your rears MAY be tokico blues and I would bet that your fronts are original. I'm pretty sure my pathy was still running its original timing belt at 195k miles... Which would also make it safe to guess that the waterpump I didn't replace was also the original...

One thing to note, and I also noticed this on my supra. Is that your rear springs were probably sagging so much, that the lowering springs don't look like they did anything.

thanks, no rubbing issues only thing I noticed when driving it yesterday is it seems to hit harder in front when going over speed bumps at the same speed I did with the stock springs. I thought that the rear would probably not be any lower due to the same reason you said.

Don't know if the rear struts are Tokico's or not, I had the guy at the auto parts store look up the rear struts that they sell for the car and looked at the pics and found that Monroe gas-matic struts are blue also so no idea what brand they are.

I think it's safe to say the front struts are toast as I had to pull the shaft up to get it to the right height when putting the new coils on and I could push the shaft in just as easily!!, Probably will replace the front struts first. But it really doesn't ride bad, not bouncy or anything.

also if you notice third, before pic had our Titan in the back ground which we no longer have and was replaced in last pic by the pathfinder,lol

Edited by ahardb0dy

Yeah, shocks should not do what you're able to do with them. They should be extremely difficult to compress, and once pressure it let off of them, they should fully extend.

Which really threw me off with my pathfinders ranchos. They don't extend on their own.