Replacing AC Hose

Yendor

The hose for my AC system rest on the master cylinder and seems to have cracked or melted through and now my ac is dead. Bad time for it to go!

The dealer quoted me around $220 just for the hose!!!

Is there something I can use to patch the hose?

It doesn't look to hard to change out myself, but what is the greenish fluid that's coming out of it? I take it that I would need the ac system recharged after?

p7164877.jpg

the insulation is what may have melted.

The hose itslef is not likely to melt.(system on its 27~40f) but chafed on the MC till it leaked yes.

see if a shop arround you can fix it with a splice or a swage fitting. That is the only relyable way to fix it without replacing it. and lileky a fraction of the cost.

Our system is large. It will likely take 2 or 3 large cans to fully charge it after the repair. Or the shop doing the repair might be able to recharge it.

On my 90 sentra the metal line for the AC had a leak, actually the clutch cable was rubbing against it and it wore a hole thru the pipe, FORGET the dealer check the yellow pages for hoses, a local hose shop can make you a replacement, they just cut the rubber part out and re-connect a new hose to your ends, I had 2 done on my sentra about $40 for both IIRC