smells like burning candles

Ok so I accidently posted this on the wr21 page, so they gave me some ideas about my blower motor and needing to clean it out. But I just wanted to see if anyone here had the same issue.

Ok every so often ill be driving along an my pathy will start smelling like blown out candle smoke. I have tried to narrow it down: It seems to be strongest after do a long turn where the wheel is cranked fully over, when i have been in traffic and there has been a lot of stop and go(so lots of clutch work), and sometime just when it feels like it. Anyone have a clue?

There are no fluid leak coming from under the car, checked that, oil levels are all good, brake fluid is fine...etc. Im really weirded out by it all.

any thoughts??

So after getting home from work, the smell was there again, but only could be smelt from out side. So im going to go ahead and assume its not from the blower motor. The smell was strongest right under the divers door.

Edited by giddyuppony

I wouldn't take that lightly as I've personally been involved in two instances where similar smells were detected, however in both cases they we're F250's which had high beam switches shorting out and slowly burning the underlay... Both eventually burned.

Have you had any recent work done to the exhaust? Previously I had new exhaust installed from Midas where they left the stickers on the exhaust which slowly burned and left foul smells wherever I traveled.

Good luck in your search.

I had a foxbody Mustang convertible that had a steering column ignition switch short out and melt down around 1989. Turned out to be a common problem on Mustangs back then and Ford issued a safety recall on a lot of them.

Just throwing it out there since you mentioned the steering wheel positioning seems to have an effect.

Yah I asked fleury and he suggested that it might be something with catalytic converter. Im going to have them look into it when it goes in for some repairs, some dumb bitch hit me today and smashed up my front passenger side and royally fskced up the bumper and wheel well. The steering is mangled and there will be some fixings to be done. Lucky though, because had this been three weeks later all my new suspension would have been put on and wouldn't be replaced. Im pretty pissed as it is. stupid drivers :stickwack: :stickwack: