Ride height

JamesRich

Using the calculations my1path posted from the service manual H=A-B

Ridehight.jpg

What is your ride height on your WD21 set at and how are your axles holding out?

I set mine at 2.75 which put it 3/4" lower than the back with some cut jeep spring (.560 wire diameter)

I haven't done any wheeling yet so I'm not sure how the axles will hold up but the angle doesn't look too bad.

James

Not sure what the measurements are under the truck, but it's 19-20" from the ground to the lip of the fenders (no flares) on my truck. Stock rear springs and sway away torsion bars.

just did mines and its 3.56". I dont wheel it much so the cvs are holding up great. what is the stock dimension? looks like 1.61"-2.01". How much lift does this equate too?

Edited by wilson

3.75"

If I go over a steep but short crown hill (think of the apex of a 4' speed bump kinda deal) I can hear my CV's click for a second right at the top before the front end dips back down, but mine seem to be working fine.

I also have low profile bump stops.

3.75"

If I go over a steep but short crown hill (think of the apex of a 4' speed bump kinda deal) I can hear my CV's click for a second right at the top before the front end dips back down, but mine seem to be working fine.

I also have low profile bump stops.

I'm gonna need my 19 mil.

Lol, So I guess I'm plenty safe enough at 2.75. Mine has to be reliable because its taking me into the pinny wood hunting. I don't want to break an axle and have to walk out 5 miles after dark, we have cougars in these woods! And I don't mean the sexy older lady types.

James

3.25ish I was higher @ one time but I was getting CV binding so I backed it off a bit. this also made alignments easier.

Eventually I will lower my Front Diff (diff drop bushings) and then I will shim the lower BJ to drop the kuckle itslef.

3.25ish I was higher @ one time but I was getting CV binding so I backed it off a bit. this also made alignments easier.

Eventually I will lower my Front Diff (diff drop bushings) and then I will shim the lower BJ to drop the kuckle itslef.

Cool, that's what I needed to know. You found the highest safe spot. I should be plenty safe at 2.75.

James

Cool, that's what I needed to know. You found the highest safe spot. I should be plenty safe at 2.75.

James

You'll be more than safe thumbsup.gif

Also, uing upper BJ shims has the same effect on CV's as Low Pro Bumpstops because they both increase maximum drop.

You'll be more than safe thumbsup.gif

Also, uing upper BJ shims has the same effect on CV's as Low Pro Bumpstops because they both increase maximum drop.

Yes I made a set of upper ball joint spacers to try and get the front high enough to match the rear with the AC 3" lift springs. They will help it go higher but I knew the CVs wouldn't survive long. So I pulled the AC springs and got some jeep springs. The deepest water I should ever be in is 1 1/2 to 2 feet so I don't need to be that high anyway.

James