R there really NO perf exhausts avail for the R50?

piste

'97 SE OR original owner. Exhaust (2nd one) is holding up but I suspect will start failing in the near future. Being as the VG33E engine is so pathetically weak I'm seeking any performance mods I can. Have been searching pretty far and wide for a performance exhaust and (like every other performance mod) perf exhausts are out there for post-R50 and WD21 Pathy's but NOTHING for my poor R50. Anyone know of any R50 performance exhausts to help the VG33E breathe a bit better? I'd hate to have to spend all that $$$ again for another OEM or aftermarket equivalent set up that won't get me any perf gains.

I'd love to do a cat back deal...not all that interested in headers as I don't want to deal with added cabin noise...which is good cause no one makes those either. Thanks in advance for ANY info.

Your best bet will be custom. Get a few quotes from local exhaust shops and see what can be done.

Magnaflow offers universal parts so maybe that could be integrated into some custom work. The only performance exhaust I've come across for the VG33E-equipped R50 is the Fujitsubo Legalis4 catback system, which is only available in JP, IIRC. :shrug: