Outer Banks, NC

GrimGreg

So, since our summer trip to Florida got canceled, we are looking at Cape Hatteres in October. Anyone been there, or live out there have any recommendations? Places to see, places to avoid etc. Thinking about renting a place in Salvo for the week.

Hey tell me when and if you go and we can meet up and go down to orgen inlet to go out on the beach and fish. My favorite place to go and thing to do when there. If you are around nags head go to mako mike's one night for dinner.

Hey tell me when and if you go and we can meet up and go down to orgen inlet to go out on the beach and fish. My favorite place to go and thing to do when there. If you are around nags head go to mako mike's one night for dinner.

Was planning to fish a little, if I could. Is the $10 coastal 10 day permit all that is needed, or do you have to have a state license in addition to that? Think we found a place we'd like to stay at, waiting to hear some more details on it.

BTW, we are going there (OBX) after the NOAS Uwharrie trail ride, if you wanted to join that, it is open to all with a Nissan ORV.

They don't sell liquor in some parts of OBX so be sure to bring your own if you're so inclined. All I could order in a restaurant was beer, wine and bastardized wine-based mixed drinks. Ever try a seven & seven made from grapes? I do not recommend it. Awful Arthur's is a pretty good raw bar and depending on which route you take, you'll pass right by the Gravedigger home base in Kill Devel Hills if you're interested in that sort of thing.

I'm pretty sure the permit should cover you. Gonaa have to pass on comming to the NOAS ride. I get my liecence tomarrow and dad prob wont let me go that far plus i think if your under 18 you have to have a parent and my dad is working and mom thinks offroading is stupid. She dead againist me lifting my pathy but dad said sure so its happening.

I'm pretty sure the permit should cover you. Gonaa have to pass on comming to the NOAS ride. I get my liecence tomarrow and dad prob wont let me go that far plus i think if your under 18 you have to have a parent and my dad is working and mom thinks offroading is stupid. She dead againist me lifting my pathy but dad said sure so its happening.

Cool, yeah, under 18 needs a parent or guardian for liability reasons, after a 17yo that attended a run did some property damage the club became 18+ only. Even lifted Pathys don't look huge compared to some trucks. I have 4.5" and 31s on my 93 and my roof isn't much higher than a stock Tahoe, of course the bottom of my door is almost a foot higher than that Tahoe too, and I have almost twice the ground clearance it does.

So what areas/towns are dry in OBX? I know it is kinda a county by county thing in NC (the county Uwharrie is in is dry).

If you come down highway 64 you will have plent of opprotunitys to get alchol and I'm pretty sure you can get it in Nags Head. I just wanna lift it for ground clearnancem, only wanna run 32x13 tires anyways.

If you come down highway 64 you will have plent of opprotunitys to get alchol and I'm pretty sure you can get it in Nags Head. I just wanna lift it for ground clearnancem, only wanna run 32x13 tires anyways.

Yeah, from Uwharrie we will probably end up coming in on 64 to get down to Avon...or Salvo, hell I forget where the house is my wife rented!!!! :mellow:

As for those tires, be sure to get your steering upgraded, 13" wide tires will wreak havoc on your steering otherwise.