Lift kit

So i got two 92 pathfinders and i am swapping the engine in too the one with the good body (engine blew).... Any way i also want to get a lift kit too eventually and i am not sure what to get and what would be the most efficient i am thinking of having 35" tires on it. And a 4" suspension and 2-4" body not sure yet. I was just wondering what your recommendations would be and what brand works the best (not too expensive but works great)

DeWalt... Keep the motor in the bad bodied one and cut it up to fit them, LOWER CENTER OF GRAVITY! Seriously check your frames and make sure a body swap wouldn't be the better choice first...

DeWalt... Keep the motor in the bad bodied one and cut it up to fit them, LOWER CENTER OF GRAVITY! Seriously check your frames and make sure a body swap wouldn't be the better choice first...

Ya it aint cause its rusted and the one i got was from a body-man, so its in really good condition no rust!!!

What kind of lift with 35's?

What kind of lift with 35's?

Honestly, I think thats allot of stress for the IFS.

I would save up and do a sas if anything over 33 is your goal.

Dont' get me wrong, I'm very pro IFS but I do realize it has its limits so if you must know it can be done;

using a trail master lift combined with aftermarket UCA's will grant 6~7 lift and then a 3" BL puts your pathy 10 inches above what it used to be. that provides you with the room you need for 35's. A few other things and you'll be in over $1,500 of parts have your 35's and you may have to worry about breaking stuff (too often) which will put you out more. I belive a sas can be done for under $2,000 and allot less will break if done right.

Yea man, I have o nly had the 33's on mine for a week or so, and am almost ready to go back to 31's. It is VERY rough on your steering system, and will wear out all that expensive stuff quickly. IFS is okay in it's own regard, and I love my truck don't get me wrong...

SAS is where it is at!

(One day maybe, but for now im good with what I have.)

Check the used parts area, that is where I picked up my Calmini 3 inch lift. Was able to run 33's without the 3 inch body lift, but had minimal rubbing at full flex after the body was lifted.

I guess it really depends on what you plan on doing with your finder, and ultimately what you want...

Cost is always an issue, but you get what you pay for man.

One other mention on the rust issue if you're going thru the trouble. Do yourself a favor and reach in behind the rear wheels. There's a bunch of little round holes in the frame there. Although you may have ZERO rust on the outside of your frame, stick your finger into each of the holes on both sides and feel around for swelling or soft flaking. As you've most likely read these frames are notorious for frame rust and it attacks from the inside out a lot of the time. If its bad you may want to either alter your plans or do some reinforcing.

A few days ago I was sitting in my carport, thinking about re doing my exhaust when it hit me...

Man, I have built a few tube frame trail rigs, why not build a tube frame for my Finder?

Minimal bends and unlimited options for suspension...

Uh oh...