Finished body lift and now pathy won't start

COdreamin

Hey everybody,

So I followed the how-to for the body lift and everything worked out awesome (thanks guys!) but when i put the battery back in and turned the key in the ignition nothing happened. No click, no turning over, nothing. I noticed that none of my accessories in the vehicle work either (radio, dome light), however the clock does work. The clock only works until I turn the key in the ignition, then it cuts out too.

I was thinking it may be something as simple as a battery issue or maybe I messed up/forgot to reattach some connection along the line. The whole 'not even a click when I turn the key' is what has me confused the most.

If someone with far more knowledge about this stuff than I could help me out, I would really appreciate it!

David

Check the positive and negative connections on your battery, check the ground at the chassis, the positive at the starter, check the voltage of the battery and move up the ignition line past the fusable links and read the voltage there also if everything else checks out.

B

Did you clean the terminals when you re-installed the battery? (I try to remember to ANY time a terminal is off) You might be sitting on a corroded part of one of the terminals. That, make sure the terminals are tight, and as B said, check your live leads and grounds are clean and snug.

• 4 years later...