A/T Overheating after Flush

madhatter_xe

Hello,

I had my tranny flushed about 2 days ago and this morning my A/T TEMP light came on :shrug: .

I searched the forum and see that I probably need an aftermarket tranny cooler. It just seems strange that this light has never come on in the past??? Is there some sort of sensor wire that could have been bumped or disconnected while hooking the lines up to the flushing machine?? Has anyone encountered this or know why this occurs. I will throw on another cooler tonight.

Thanks

Is the fluid level OK? There's no wire that could've been knocked loose that I can think of.

Don't use the stock cooler in the radiator, bypass it entirely. It may be that it's finally clogged up on you and isn't letting any fluid flow through, which would overheat the tranny and kill it pretty effectively.

well i left my truck sit all day long and when i started it after work and the A/T light was still on?! it should've cooled down. the battery and brake service lights are on too. Checked all the fuses, they're good to go. Checked the alternator and it is not charging. Thinking that is why the service lights are on. This is kinda bizarre??

Guest audiosportconcepts

I had ths same problem with my Pathfinder (88 auto). The alternator wasn't charging (I think my stereo is killing it) cause i just had one rebuilt last year. I tested the charging when it was running and it said 12.9 volts then shut it off and tested it. it was the same reading, BUT then when I turned it back on it was testing at 14 volts and the gauge went up to normal. The mind boggling thing was that when my alternator light came on the a/t light did to. But i've also had my engine oil pressure light stay on for about a month before and finally went out. WHO KNOWS! :shrug:

Well, i pulled the alternator and had it checked, it was seriously bagged..needed a bunch of stuff replaced. So i got my hands on a Mitsubishi alternator, same size and everything, threw it in and everything is cool once again! No more warning lights!

Thanks for the info! :aok:

Well, i pulled the alternator and had it checked, it was seriously bagged..needed a bunch of stuff replaced. So i got my hands on a Mitsubishi alternator, same size and everything, threw it in and everything is cool once again! No more warning lights!

Thanks for the info! :aok:

What Mitsu alternator, what did it come from, and do you know the amperage output? Hopefully its much bigger... :huh: