Starter Question

ahardb0dy

My pathfinder (94) has decided to only start when it wants to, usually it will start first thing in the morning than after driving it for a while and shutting it off it won't start, no cranking just clicks, if I hold the key forward to crank for a few seconds sometimes it will just start, found the negative on the battery was loose yesterday and tightened it thinking that was the problem but it did it again today. Does this sound like the starter is getting ready to quit? or possibly could be something else? thanks

ok, got a brand new battery, the starter was on the engine when I bought it, JDM engine, should have kept the original starter

not looking forward to replacing it, I still remember the first time I replaced the starter in my 87 hardbody and as everyone keeps saying the hardbody has the 2" taller body mounts!!

Edited by ahardb0dy

enjoy... Was fun yanking the one from my parts truck. Of course that was in the dirt with a flat rf tire and no sway baradjuster bolt on the right side...

This is exactly what was happening with my truck. Thankfully it was due for the transmission to be replaced so I just had both done at the same time. Haven't had a problem with it yet!