Power Locks

kona2004

Hello, I have a 1993 pathfinder with all power opt. Everything works but my power locks, does anyone know what might be wrong or maybe how to run direct power to the switch. I know the switch works cause I pulled it out of a truck that it worked in. Any ideas?

Maybe stupid to ask, but did you check the fuse? Even if it looks good, change it out to see if it works. Had a fuse in another truck that looked fine yet nothing worked. Wasn't until I put in a new fuse to be sure and it now works.

Edited by Northernpathy

can you describe further as to your power locks not working? I mean they don't work when turning the key in the door? pressing the power lock button on the drivers door? or pushing the actual lock down near the window? Or not at all? If they don't work with the key I know there is a type of contact in the door that clips on the lock cylinder when you turn the key outside the contact on the part of the lock cylinder that turns moves close to the contact that clips on the cylinder causing the locks to open. Please clarify further so we can help, plugs under the dash is to vague and doesn't tell us anything. Did you download the service manual for your truck from here? Even if there is not a manual for your 93 download the 94 manual everything should be the same. Thanks

oh, as to a fuse looking ok but being bad, that happened to me, my brake lights didn't work, pulled the fuse and it looked fine, replaced it and the lights worked, did you check the fuses with a test light?

Edited by ahardb0dy

May or may not be something to do with the power Door lock Actuator. Here's a link on issues and how to fix them.

Good luck

That's the link that fixed my 93 power locks and made my key fob remote work too. On the Pathfinder the actuator is located behind the drivers side lower trim panel in the cargo area.

Edited by dhardison