Size Of Links

Ok so I was reading the thread about replacing the upper and lower linkages and i had a question, does the length matter? Im planning on lifting the pathfinder 1.75-2" but i need to get the upper and lower links replaced first, so i dont want to do this more then once and buy more then one set of links.

(I made a similar post on the pathy sway thread, I know that probably a no no but im kinda in a pinch for time so I thought/ hope that it will be answered a little quicker by posting it here, Sorry if this make someone angry)

Thanks,

The real advantage to having longer links (don't forget about your driveshaft too) is for tire clearance in the rear. You can cut fenders, but you can't really cut much when the door is in the way.

The way I've been building my adjustable links is when they're fully compressed (flex joint threaded all the way in) it's the stock link length. Then you can unthread the flex joint about 2.0" safely, which is more than you should ever need to move the axle back. Keeps from having to buy parts twice like you mentioned. I hate doing that. :headwall:

BUT! If you're planning on just lifting the pathy 2", you don't need to worry about the length of your links. Now if you were doing it 6", different story...

Jose

Haynes manual will help. But it's not that hard. I would jack up the truck and put it on jack stands. Then put the axle on jack stands. And do one at a time. You'll probably need new bolts, too. I'm sure there is a write up on here somewhere...

Jose

Ok sweet, Ill pick one of those up. I was just reading the thread about swaying pathfinders and there is a great write up, but they talk about soaking the bushings, whats that all about? i was going to buy the poly bushing from 4x4parts.com is this a good idea?

thats agreat idea. those really help the r50. i don't know about soaking them. just drill them or burn the old ones out. then cut the sleeve out with a sawzall or something. grease the new bushings and force them in. or some people cut them in half (or buy the ones that are already cut in half) to make it easier to go in.

Jose