Power Valves

bradbritt

Hello everyone great forum, first post. I am going to have the power valve screws tightened/Loctite at the dealer (quote 2.8 hrs) What is the specific Loctie that should be used? What other preventive service should I have done at this time? The Pathfinder is a 2002 with 35,000 miles. I was thinking I should have the plugs changed and the throttle body cleaned since everything is apart and the cost is less to have the service done at that time. I have head about issues with the valve cover and would think that this would be the time to replace it. Is the PVC valve replaceable on its own or is it a one piece assembly with the valve cover? Should I have them clean the MAF at this time? Any thing else that I missing? Thanks again for a great forum!

• 2 weeks later...

Are you comfortable doing the work yourself? There's a great writeup on the powervalve job, if you're comfortable enough.

I am but just don't have the time, Im wondering more than anything what I should have done at the same time since things will be apart and it will cost less to do at that time.

I am but just don't have the time, Im wondering more than anything what I should have done at the same time since things will be apart and it will cost less to do at that time.

You do realize that, even though the work is easier to do, "since they will already be in there," they will still charge you the standard rate per job you have done. The techs will just be happy to be able to do the work in under the billed hours, and make more money for their time.