Rew Rims And 33's On My Q

EmptyV

For slider reference - these are bolt on. 6 bolts per side. Mounting wasn't such a deal with an extra pair of hands and jack stands.

Thanks those look pretty sweet. It seems that we've really only got the 2 options. I've got a buddy who is a master fabricator and can help me weld up the Trail Gear Sliders but I really like the look of the rocky road one's. Now since we've got the unibody design, can you use the sliders as a jacking point?

Billy

Edit- In terms of settling of the springs, im not too sure that I have noticed anything. Its hard to tell since I never took meaurements of the fenders right after the lift was installed, and I was on different tires at the time, and im on diff tires now, its really hard to see any difference, If I had measurements it would be alot easier to know :(

I'll probably end up ordering the AC springs in the next few days, I'll definitely take before and after measurements. I'll probably throw on some new struts as well. On ebay you can get KYB GR-2 full strut & shock sets for $200. I'm just not sure on how the shocks would do against the bilstein 5100's. Regardless anything would be better then the junk monroe's I've got on now. Man I thought I was done with this crap 20K miles ago!

Billy

I'll probably end up ordering the AC springs in the next few days, I'll definitely take before and after measurements. I'll probably throw on some new struts as well. On ebay you can get KYB GR-2 full strut & shock sets for $200. I'm just not sure on how the shocks would do against the bilstein 5100's. Regardless anything would be better then the junk monroe's I've got on now. Man I thought I was done with this crap 20K miles ago!

Billy

i know a lot of members here really like the GR2s, but from my experience with vehicles as far as the lowering aspects are concerned. anyways, they've always been considered factory replacements that are only slightly better. if you're looking to do more wheeling and handle heavier duty styles of driving, i'd go for something better, but that's just my opinion.

i know a lot of members here really like the GR2s, but from my experience with vehicles as far as the lowering aspects are concerned. anyways, they've always been considered factory replacements that are only slightly better. if you're looking to do more wheeling and handle heavier duty styles of driving, i'd go for something better, but that's just my opinion.

I've only heard suggestions for the GR-2's. What else is out there that is comparable or better?

Billy

I've only heard suggestions for the GR-2's. What else is out there that is comparable or better?

Billy

There is nothing better out there at this moment in time. I've heard good things about the Old Man Emu struts but they're on par with KYB.

rumor has it that OME struts are made by Monroe (not bad) and painted yellow

I had some black monroes for just a weekend (shop ordered KYB's, disassembled my blown struts, and parts guy delivered monroes at 5pm on friday, then turned off his phone) and they felt fine. But i went back on Monday and got switched out for the KYB's.

factory shocks are KYB so i figure it's the best??

• Like 1

Fueler - those are SuperSliders from Rocky Road: http://www.rocky-road.com/pathfinderrockrail.html

I'm running OME coils all around, and yes, installed the 35mm SnakeRacing (from AU) spacers in the front.

So those look like they're not bolted up to the runningboard mounting locations. Is this true?

Billy

• Like 1

So those look like they're not bolted up to the runningboard mounting locations. Is this true?

Billy

Correct, they do NOT mount using the running board locations. They came with mounting hardward (bolts). I just had to line it up and drill the holes.

Correct, they do NOT mount using the running board locations. They came with mounting hardward (bolts). I just had to line it up and drill the holes.

Ahh, I think their website is somewhat misleading. They make is sounds like they bolt up to running board inserts.

Billy

Ahh, I think their website is somewhat misleading. They make is sounds like they bolt up to running board inserts.

Billy

I was surprised, but they are more solid this way - IMO