90 Nissan Sentra Starting Question

ahardb0dy

My wife drove my 90 Sentra to North Carolina, when she stopped for gas in Georgia the car wouldn't start it, everything else had power but no start, We thought maybe the floor mat was interfering with the clutch going down enough to engage the switch, well that's what we thought it was as she moved the mat and it started. Once in North Carolina it did the same thing and the mat was out of the way, she got back home Monday night and I drove the car to work on Tuesday, it started fine going to and leaving work, when I got home I shut the car off and tried to start it and it just clicked, not like it was trying to turn over but like it wasn't getting enough power. My question is since it is only doing this when the car is hot could the starter just be on it's last legs? The starter is like the only part of the car that hasn't been replaced since I bought it. when I turned the key to the crank position multiple times in a row the car eventually started. Time for a new one you think??

Thanks all.

Ground wire/connections, hot wire/connections, starter, and selenoid is what I would check first. Just because the wires are connected, doesn't mean they can carry the full load...

B

I'll check everything tomorrow, never had any problems with the car starting, I can understand it acting up when it's hot if there was a bad connection.